Antique Glastonbury Chair, English, Pitch Pine Armchair, Gothic Taste, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.8465
This is an antique Glastonbury chair. An English, pitch pine decorative armchair with Gothic overtones, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Delightful example of the fabled Glastonbury chair, with superb form and detail
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and good order throughout
- Quality pitch pine shows fine grain interest and deep caramel hues
- Bold, serpentine stocks and robust cleated peg joints
- Square back rest accentuated with a field panel splat
- Pierced fretwork button detail to the top rail above a shaped border carving
- Broad, striking arms finished with canted corners, and trefoil motif
- Flat seat squab recessed gently inside the front apron at a comfortable height of 47cm (18.5")
- Standing upon a quartet of square section legs, in tremendous X-form
This is a superior antique Glastonbury chair with unabashed Gothic revival overtones and quality stocks. Finished to a flourish throughout and sure to enhance any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 67cm (26.5'')
Max Depth: 48.5cm (19'')
Max Height: 90.5cm (35.75'')
Seat Width: 42cm (16.5'')
Seat Depth: 37.5cm (14.75'')
Seat Height: 47cm (18.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World