Antique Gentleman's Correspondence Box, Campaign, Travel Case, Regency, C.1820
Our Stock # 18.7016
This is an antique gentleman's correspondence box. An English, Rosewood and mother of pearl inlaid campaign or travel case, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Exquisite example of a Regency campaign case
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Striking Rosewood stocks show fine grain interest
- The rich russet hues present the inlaid mother of pearl beautifully
- Tall, sarcophagus shape with domed lid
- Lid opens smoothly at turn of key, in turn offering access to the panel doors
- Arranged as a suite of three drawers with a fourth faux panel
- Each finished with charming inlay of circular motif and wooden pulls
- Arresting cobalt blue interior lining with letter sleeve to lid
- Jewellery trays with five fabric lids for added storage in the field
- Fold-out writing slope to lowest drawer front with small glass ink well
- Dressed with Mother of Pearl lock escutcheons over inset working locks — key present
- Raised on four squat bun feet beneath a delightfully carved apron
This is a superb and highly appealing antique gentleman's correspondence box. A testament to the fine craftsmanship of the Regency period, the Rosewood, Mother of Pearl and shock of blue to the interior appointments offer a sight to behold. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready to enjoy.
Max Width: 29.5cm (11.5'')
Max Depth: 23cm (9'')
Max Height: 29.5cm (11.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World