Antique Gentleman's Armchair, Rosewood, Fireside, Club Chair, William IV, c1835
Our Stock # 18.6135
This is an antique gentleman's armchair. An English, rosewood fireside club chair dating to the William IV period of the early 19th century, circa 1835.
- Of impressive form and of fine quality
- Beautifully carved rosewood displays grain interest throughout
- A desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Generously sprung and traditionally stuffed for comfort
- Recently, professionally reupholstered with a fine and soft tartan textile
- Buttoned detail and finished with complimentary piping
- The dished backrest and padded armrests cosseting the sitter
- A deep seat and shaped front seat rail adding to the appeal
- The grips with inverted tulip carvings over bold, scrolled knees
- A repeat of the tulip carvings crown the stout, tapered front legs
- Riding upon four, brass and ceramic castors
An antique gentleman's armchair of superior quality, sure to enhance a living room or study. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 68.5cm (27'')
Max Depth: 76cm (30'')
Max Height: 95.5cm (37.5'')
Seat Cushion Width: 42.5cm (16.75'')
Seat Cushion Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Seat Cushion Height: 43cm (17'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World