Antique Folding Coaching Table, Welsh, Occasional, Games, Garden, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.7886
This is an antique folding coaching table. A Welsh, stained mahogany occasional games or outdoor table, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1890.
- Fascinating fold mechanism with articulated base
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select stocks with dark stain show fine grain interest
- Deep russet hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Two demi-lune leaves fold upwards from the centre line with bright brass hinges
- Rotating arm to underside swivels into rest for a stable top
- Folding X-frame legs with turned finish act as a secondary pivot for the folding mechanism
- Maker's mark to rear reads 'Thornton & Herne, 13 little Cadogan Place. Pont Street SW'
This is a charming antique folding coaching table, with Welsh craftsmanship from the late Victorian period. Ideal for use indoors as an occasional or card table, it could also find use within a garden setting. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 106.5cm (42'')
Max Depth: 106cm (41.75'')
Max Height: 66cm (26'')
Folded Width: 105.5cm (41.5'')
Folded Depth: 18.5cm (7.25'')
Folded Height: 112.5cm (44.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World