Antique Field Sextant, English, Brass, Military Instrument, Stanley, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.8270
This is an antique field sextant. An English, brass military surveying instrument, by Stanley of London, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Appealing Victorian scientific instrument with fascinating forms
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Brass shows sought after weathering with light patination
- Quality leather in good order with embossed maker's mark
- Radius sextant moves around its arc to aid navigation
- Magnified viewing window for reading the scale
- Vernier adjustments with pleasingly knurled edges
- Folding UV filters to protect against daytime sunlight
- Mahogany and brass handle to base for a secure grip in all weathers
- Inscribed to reverse 'Stanley, London 1884' with the military broadarrow mark
- Carry case dressed with fascinating rotating latches
- Supplied with two additional, original viewing scopes
This is an antique field sextant, with appealing brass construction and mechanical detail. Ideal for an office desk or as a display piece for those of a military interest. Delivered polished and ready to enjoy.
Case Width: 12cm (4.75'')
Case Depth: 12.5cm (5'')
Case Height: 7.5cm (3'')
Sextant Width: 9.5cm (3.75'')
Sextant Depth: 10.5cm (4.25'')
Sextant Height: 6cm (2.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World