Antique Elbow Chair, Rosewood, English Open Armchair, Maple & Co. Circa 1910
Our Stock # 18.5014
This is an antique elbow chair in rosewood, an English open armchair by Maple & Co. dating to the Edwardian period c.1910.
- A superior chair from Maple & Co. London, England
- Shield back, open armchair design in a quality rosewood
- Classical overtones in the holly inlay motifs and stringing
- Good colour throughout with grain interest
- Traditionally stuffed and professionally upholstered to a high standard
- Finished in a quality striped cloth with matching brocade trim
- Scrolled and shaped three quarter armrests
- Slender, serpentine seat rail
- Raised on turned and tapered front legs
- Shaped and swept rear legs
- Show back adding a flash of colour from behind
- Carrying both a Maple & Co. label and stamp beneath
A very fine chair in very good condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Height: 91.5cm (36'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 48.25cm (19'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.