Antique Elbow Chair, English, Mahogany, Carver, Drop In Seat, Regency, C.1820
Our Stock # 18.7087
This is an antique elbow chair. An English, mahogany carver with drop-in seat, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Serpentine elegance as to be expected from the Regency period
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Delightful mahogany frame shows deep russet hues and fine grain interest
- Light golden in colour, the silk cotton seat cushion displays some light marks
- Prominent top rail with concave form and wonderful figuring
- Lower back splat with carved foliate panel between scrolled leaf detail
- Striking arms with sinuous scrolled forms present beautifully
- The comfortable drop-in seat affords itself to easy professional reupholstery to taste
- Attractive reeded front legs taper pleasingly towards tall cylindrical spade feet
- Gently splayed, the rear legs terminate in square section form
This is a fascinating antique elbow chair, presenting quality craftsmanship and elegance typical of the Regency period. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Height: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 43.5cm (17.25'')
Seat Height: 49cm (19.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World