Antique Elbow Chair, English, Georgian, Mahogany, Open Armchair, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5234
This is an antique elbow chair, an English, Georgian, mahogany open armchair dating to the late 18th century circa 1780.
- Of quality craftsmanship in select mahogany
- Displaying good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Mellow tones with a lustrous wax polished finish
- Classical shaped, pierced splat rising to a humped crest rail
- Sinuous, shaped armrests supported on stout risers
- Square section legs, chamfered inner corners and recessed box stretcher
- Comfortable, traditionally stuffed, 'stuff over' seat pad
- Upholstered in a quality floral cloth in good order with brass studded trim
- Offering a generous, broad seat typical of it's type
An antique elbow chair displaying good proportions. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Depth: 55cm (21.75'')
Max Height: 90cm (35.5'')
Seat Width: 51cm (20'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 45cm (17.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.