Antique Elbow Chair, English, Carver, After Chippendale, Georgian, Circa 1800
Our Stock # 18.8049
This is an antique elbow chair. An English, mahogany and needlepoint carver in the Chippendale taste, dating to the Georgian period, circa 1800.
- Wonderful Georgian carver set to grace any room
- Displays a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select mahogany with fine grain interest and craftsmanship
- Rich caramel hues beam beneath a wax polish finish
- Fine acanthus carving adorns the cresting rail, with feather detail to ears
- Leading into a grand, pierced ribbon back splat with scrolled forms
- Sinuous arms host wonderful grain and tonality
- Each arm raised upon a striking, serpentine support
- Quality, later needlepoint upholstery in good order
- Drop-in seat cushion at a comfortable height of 43cm (17")
- Can be easily reupholstered to individual taste
- Raised upon square section legs, gently splayed to the rear
This is a fantastic antique Georgian elbow chair in the manner of Chippendale. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 62cm (24.5'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Seat Width: 51.5cm (20.25'')
Seat Depth: 44.5cm (17.5'')
Seat Height: 43cm (17'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World