Antique Architects Desk, Adjustable, Georgian, Mahogany, Draughtsman Circa 1810
Our Stock # 18.5940
This is an antique architect's desk with adjustable top. English, Georgian, mahogany draughtsman's or cartographer's desk dating to the early 19th century, circa 1810.
- A versatile and charming architect or cartographer's desk
- Fashioned from rich mahogany with grain interest throughout
- Of quality craftsmanship with good, consistent colour in the wax polished finish
- Adjustable writing surface features a movable paper stay
- Crossbanded border, moulded edge profile and inset writing surface
- Finished in a British green, leather skiver highlighted with gold tooling
- Large over-knee drawer to front dressed with turned pulls
- Fitted with working lock and key, through brass keyhole lining
- Field panel doors to each side, fitted with brass locks, key absent
- Cupboard doors reveal a suite of nine document compartments
(d:65cm [25.5"], h:49cm [19.25"])
- Generous knee hole at a height of 65.5cm (25.75")
- Riding upon eight, original brass castors for easy repositioning, sitting beneath a plinth base
This is a splendid, antique architect's desk with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 103cm (40.5'')
Max Depth: 70cm (27.5'')
Max Height: 83cm (32.75'')
Knee Hole Width: 46cm (18'')
Knee Hole Depth: 68.5cm (27'')
Knee Hole Height: 65.5cm (25.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World