Antique Dowry Chest, Burmese, Teak, Trunk, 19th Century, Circa 1890
Our Stock # 18.5438
This is an antique dowry chest, a Burmese, teak trunk dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- Attractive Burmese dowry chest
- Stout teak construction displaying good colour
- Grain interest throughout with a desirable aged patina
- Brass strapped with original latches
- Raised on a canted plinth, pierced and simply decorated
- Iron carry handles to either end
- A pair of small, full depth drawers with brass cabin handles
- Lid lifts on quality hinges to reveal voluminous interior
- Attractive turquoise finish to underside of lid
- Fitted with mirror and decorative rack
- A pair of candle boxes, one with a secret compartment beneath
A super antique dowry chest with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 113cm (44.5'')
Max Depth: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Height: 66cm (26'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World