Antique Dowry Chest, Burmese, Teak, Trunk, 19th Century, Circa 1890
Our Stock # 18.5438
This is an antique dowry chest, a Burmese, teak trunk dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- Attractive Burmese dowry chest
- Stout teak construction displaying good colour
- Grain interest throughout with a desirable aged patina
- Brass strapped with original latches
- Raised on a canted plinth, pierced and simply decorated
- Iron carry handles to either end
- A pair of small, full depth drawers with brass cabin handles
- Lid lifts on quality hinges to reveal voluminous interior
- Attractive turquoise finish to underside of lid
- Fitted with mirror and decorative rack
- A pair of candle boxes, one with a secret compartment beneath
A super antique dowry chest with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 113cm (44.5'')
Max Depth: 63.5cm (25'')
Max Height: 66cm (26'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.