Antique Dome Topped Carriage Chest, English, Victorian, Trunk, 19th Century
Our Stock # 18.5352
This is an antique dome topped carriage chest, an English, Victorian trunk dating to the mid 19th century circa 1870.
- Robust outer construction strapped and bound
- Dome top dressed with metal plates
- Thick leather carry handles to either end
- Flip clasps closing securely
- Panels decorated with foliate detail in muted colours
- Hidden castors beneath for ease of movement
- The lid lifts on quality hingeing
- Internally decorated with panel pictures
- On mosaic background framed in elaborate borders
- Storage within the lid behind a fold down flap
- To the right a tray that lifts and locks into the lid
- Revealing voluminous storage beneath
An unusual and appealing antique dome topped carriage chest. Presented ready for the home.
Max Width: 74cm (29.25'')
Max Depth: 47cm (18.5'')
Max Height: 56cm (22'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.