Antique Dinner Gong, Oriental, Ebonised Teak Stand, Chinoiserie, Victorian, 1880
Our Stock # 18.7405
This is an antique dinner gong. An Oriental, ebonised teak stand with Chinoiserie taste hosting a bronze gong, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Elaborately carved stand ideal for the dinner hall - generous 3' tall frame
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Ebonised teak with appealing dark black Chinoiserie finish
- Wonderfully weathered bronze gong with copper tones and hand-beaten appearance
- Ornate, heavily carved surmount prominent above a serpentine frame
- Foliate carvings decorate the upright supports
- Attractive gong offers a muted tone and hangs from a central looped hook
- Striking mallet with soft fabric head and leather hanging loop
- Generously sized recess to hang gongs up to 47.5cm in diameter (18.75")
- Standing upon a pair of block trestle feet with pierced fretwork stretcher uniting the stand
This is an attractive antique dinner gong, with a superb carved frame and appealingly weathered bronze gong. Delivered waxed, polished and ready to strike.
Max Width: 56cm (22'')
Max Depth: 21cm (8.25'')
Max Height: 89.5cm (35.25'')
Gong Diameter: 37cm (14.5'')
Max Opening Diameter: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World