Antique Desk, Victorian Writing Table, English, Oak c.1880
Our Stock # LFA-1639
This is a classic antique desk, a Victorian writing table, English, in oak from the late 19th century, c.1880.
- Solid and stable in strong English oak with a desirable aged patina
- Honey hues with attractive grain detail in a waxed polished finish
- Show back ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on stout, ring turned and tapered legs
- Rounded corners beneath lipped top with moulded edge
- Twin frieze drawers with brass locks and keyhole linings, key absent
- Solid brass drop handles hang from etched backplates with Art Nouveau overtones
- Recessed dark green leather skiver writing surface in good order
- Twin tooled with the outer in gold, tooled motifs to the corners
A handsome desk with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 122cm (48'')
Max Depth: 76cm (30'')
Max Height: 74cm (29.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.