Antique Decorative Whatnot, Chinese, Hanging Wall Shelf, Victorian, Circa 1900
Our Stock # 18.8217
This is an antique decorative whatnot. A Chinese, mahogany hanging wall shelf with asymmetric form, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- A treat of fretwork, unusual Kazaridana form and carved detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select stocks present dark russet hues and fine grain interest
- Enthusiastically pierced fretwork a testament to the craftsmanship
- Arranged over four tiers, the central pair cascade into a split level
- Shaped back rest decorated with a delightful carved bird
- Small cabinet enhanced with relief carved panels, showing birds upon a branch
- Suitable for wall hanging or as a free-standing display shelf
This is a superb antique decorative whatnot, graced with copious Oriental motif and unusual of form. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for display.
Max Width: 57.5cm (22.75'')
Max Depth: 16cm (6.25'')
Max Height: 85cm (33.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World