Antique Decorative Ewer, German, Ceramic, Serving Flask, Liqueur Bottle, C.1900
Our Stock # 18.7051
This is an antique decorative ewer. A German, ceramic serving flask or liqueur bottle by Villeroy & Boch of Mettlach, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Strikingly decorative ewer for the discerning collector
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Dappled stoneware of superior finish and order with naturally finished blue ground
- Pleasingly warm palette of amber-brown hues provide contrasting visual appeal
- Tall tapering neck with concentric bands of the main foliate pattern and secondary borders
- The elegantly serpentine handle meets the upper body with a scrolled end flourish
- Wonderfully globular body in a dashing blue finish, decorated with black moriage
- Eye-catching light blue and pink flower heads forming a delightful pattern
- Rope-link band to the centreline with smaller secondary beaded edge above
- Raised upon a squat tapering base with brown and cream painted finish
- Maker's mark to the base reads 'Mettlach, VB - 1328' with 96 imprint to the side
Max Width: 11cm (4.25'')
Max Depth: 10.5cm (4.25'')
Max Height: 21.5cm (8.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World