Antique Davenport, Burrey & White, Rosewood, Desk, William IV, Circa 1835
Our Stock # 18.5025
This is an antique Davenport from the prestigious cabinet maker's Burrey & White of Shrewsbury. A rosewood desk dating to the early 19th century during the reign of William IV, circa 1835.
- A superior piece presented in excellent condition
- Delightful colour and grain interest to the select rosewood
- Cabinetry by Burrey & White, fitted with Bramah locks, keys absent
- Galleried desktop slides forward for additional knee space
- Finished with a twin tooled, olive skiver
- Raised on turned and tapered pillars rising from carved bell flowers
- Standing upon bun feet over hidden brass castors
- The fall hinges beautifully with a built in brass, multi-point stay
- Inside, a pair of stationery drawers over a pair of faux drawers
- Burr maple fonts with ash linings and dressed with ebony pulls
- The lower right hand pull acts as a concealed locking pin
- Removing the pin releases a slide and turn, external pen drawer
- The cabinet doors open smoothly on quality Horne hinges
- The doors have removable field panels secured by brass stays
- Offering the option to view the magnificent drawer fronts with the doors closed
- A suite of four drawers are dressed with recessed mahogany pulls
- The lower two being full width and accessed either side
- To the right a double height solid rosewood document tray sits above the drawers
Furniture of this quality and condition rarely present themselves. Other examples of Burrey & White cabinetry can be found in some U.K. museums. A fine example delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 53.5cm (21'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 89.5cm (35.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.