Antique Credenza, English Victorian Ebonised Cabinet, Classical Overtones c.1850
Our Stock # 18.5022
This is an antique credenza, an English, early Victorian, ebonised cabinet displaying classical overtones dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1850.
- A delightful example with an ebonised finish
- Delineated with golden string details and ormolu bands
- In good proportion and displaying classical overtones
- Turned pulls and lock escutcheons, locks untested as key absent
- Standing upon a shaped, breakfront continuous plinth base
- The quadrant display cabinets feature the original, curved glass doors
- A pair of shelves to each finished in a caramel velour
- A pair of fluted columns flank the central, dome topped cupboard
- The door with central cartouche panel decorated with a vase and spray
- Desirably, the cupboard features the original crimson velour cloth (easy to replace if so desired)
A classic of the early Victorian period. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 138cm (54.25'')
Max Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Max Height: 100.5cm (39.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.