Antique Credenza, English Victorian Ebonised Cabinet, Classical Overtones c.1850
Our Stock # 18.5022
This is an antique credenza, an English, early Victorian, ebonised cabinet displaying classical overtones dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1850.
- A delightful example with an ebonised finish
- Delineated with golden string details and ormolu bands
- In good proportion and displaying classical overtones
- Turned pulls and lock escutcheons, locks untested as key absent
- Standing upon a shaped, breakfront continuous plinth base
- The quadrant display cabinets feature the original, curved glass doors
- A pair of shelves to each finished in a caramel velour
- A pair of fluted columns flank the central, dome topped cupboard
- The door with central cartouche panel decorated with a vase and spray
- Desirably, the cupboard features the original crimson velour cloth (easy to replace if so desired)
A classic of the early Victorian period. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 138cm (54.25'')
Max Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Max Height: 100.5cm (39.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World