Antique Correspondence Desk, English, Mahogany, Writing Table, Regency, C.1820
Our Stock # 18.7619
This is an antique correspondence desk. An English, mahogany and leather writing table, dating to the Regency period, circa 1820.
- Fine example of a classic staple from the Regency period
- Displays a desirable aged patina throughout
- Select mahogany shows fine grain interest and deep russet hues
- Inset dark blue leather skiver in very good order
- The generously sized skiver accentuated with gold tooling, foliate motif and embossed detail
- Pair of drawers to front, each dressed with circular drop handle pulls over decorative flowerhead backplates
- Inset, brass-lined locks to each drawer — in working order with key present
- Standing upon a quartet of carved and reeded legs, riding smoothly upon brass castors
This is an appealing antique correspondence desk, with a quality leather skiver and attractive Mahogany stocks. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home or office.
Max Width: 107cm (42.25'')
Max Depth: 65.5cm (25.75'')
Max Height: 76cm (30'')
Skiver Width: 90.5cm (35.75'')
Skiver Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Kneehole Height: 60.5cm (23.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World