Antique Corner Cabinet, English, Oak, Late Georgian, Hanging Cupboard Circa 1780
Our Stock # 11.3270
This is an antique corner cabinet, an English oak, late Georgian hanging cupboard dating to circa 1780.
- Attractive deep tones to the oak with fine, consistent colour
- Attractive wisps of medullary rays prominent through the wax polished finish
- Interior neatly divided by three shelves approximately 20cm apart
- Rare to find a shallow breakfront footprint
- Unusual attractive demi-lune lower moulding
- Crown moulding with dentil band beneath
- Canted side panels flank a shaped field panel door
- Hinged on original, solid brass butterfly show hinges
- Original pierced brass lock escutcheon, complete with working lock and key
- Supplied with brass fittings for ease of mounting
A charming English Georgian corner wall cabinet presented in very good antique condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 70cm (27.5'')
Max Depth: 43cm (17'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.