Antique Corner Armchair, Carved Victorian Chair c.1870
Our Stock # 12.1560
This is a profusely detailed antique corner armchair, mid Victorian, walnut and dating to circa 1870.
- Raised on four ring turned legs with acanthus leaf collars
- The fluted seat rails punctuated with carved rosettes
- Dressed with shaped, carved pendant swags beneath
- The armrest rises on three columns mirroring the legs beneath
- A pair of beautifully carved splats taking the form of back to back griffins
- Drop in seat panel covered in an oriental printed satin cloth - easily recovered
- The fluted crest rail arcing through 180 degrees, punctuated with carved rosettes
- Delineated with carved beaded string terminating in rounded grasps and larger rosettes
- Framed in a collar & hooded detail, an expertly carved cherub mask extends on scrolled brackets
Rare to find such a super example of Victorian excess. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 79cm (31'')
Armrest to Armrest Outside: 67cm (26.5'')
Seat Width: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 41cm (16.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World