Antique Coffer Settle, English, Oak, Bench, Chest, Trunk Seat, Circa 1700
Our Stock # 18.5288
This is an antique coffer settle, an English oak bench chest seat dating to the early 18th century circa 1700 and later.
- Good colour in the lustrous wax polished finish
- Carved interest with a desirable aged patina
- Pegged and panelled construction in very stout stock: 2.25'' x 3.75''
- Raked back and armrests for seating comfort
- Three panel back and coffer front decorated with carved lozenge detail
- Reeded to the top rails, stiles and muntins
- Plain panel ends and three panel back in good order
- Broad and deep seat panel hinges open on quality hinging
- Offering voluminous storage within
- Scrolled armrests supported on baluster turned pillars
A sturdy and attractive bench for any room in the home. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 140cm (55'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 93cm (36.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.