Antique Coffer, Large, English Oak, Joined Chest, Charles II Trunk, Circa 1680
Our Stock # 18.5153
This is an antique coffer, a large, late 17th century, English oak, joined chest. A Charles II trunk dating to circa 1680.
- Substantial oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Pegged joint construction with grain interest throughout
- Four panel chest with a desirable aged patina
- Demi-lune fan carved guilloche to the front upper rail
- Four panels decorated with stylised foliate lozenges
- Muntins, stiles, ends and back plain
- Lock present and untested as key absent
- Slab top over four panel front and back, two panel ends
- Raised on extended stiles
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within
A super antique coffer from teh late 17th century. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 150cm (59'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 73cm (28.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.