Antique Coffer, Large, English Oak, Joined Chest, Charles II Trunk, Circa 1680
Our Stock # 18.5153
This is an antique coffer, a large, late 17th century, English oak, joined chest. A Charles II trunk dating to circa 1680.
- Substantial oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Pegged joint construction with grain interest throughout
- Four panel chest with a desirable aged patina
- Demi-lune fan carved guilloche to the front upper rail
- Four panels decorated with stylised foliate lozenges
- Muntins, stiles, ends and back plain
- Lock present and untested as key absent
- Slab top over four panel front and back, two panel ends
- Raised on extended stiles
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within
A super antique coffer from teh late 17th century. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 150cm (59'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 73cm (28.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World