Antique Coffer, Large, English Oak Chest, Early 18th Century Trunk Circa 1700
Our Stock # 18.5009
This is an antique coffer, a large English oak chest or early 18th century trunk dating to circa 1700.
- Substantial oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Pegged joint construction with a desirable aged patina
- Four panel chest with grain interest throughout
- Foliate carved guilloche to the front upper rail
- Four panels decorated with repeating, stylised foliate interest
- Muntins, stiles, ends and back plain
- Two plank top over four panel front and back, two panel ends
- Raised on extended stiles; Rare to find legs still this long
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within
An appealing coffer with abundant interest and charm. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 147cm (57.75'')
Max Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Height: 81cm (32'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.