Antique Coffer, Large, English Oak Chest, Early 18th Century Trunk Circa 1700
Our Stock # 18.5009
This is an antique coffer, a large English oak chest or early 18th century trunk dating to circa 1700.
- Substantial oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Pegged joint construction with a desirable aged patina
- Four panel chest with grain interest throughout
- Foliate carved guilloche to the front upper rail
- Four panels decorated with repeating, stylised foliate interest
- Muntins, stiles, ends and back plain
- Two plank top over four panel front and back, two panel ends
- Raised on extended stiles; Rare to find legs still this long
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within
An appealing coffer with abundant interest and charm. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 147cm (57.75'')
Max Depth: 57cm (22.5'')
Max Height: 81cm (32'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World