Antique Coffer, English, Oak, Joined Chest, Trunk, Late 17th Century, Circa 1700
Our Stock # 18.5483
This is an antique coffer, an English oak, joined chest. A trunk dating to the late 17th century, circa 1700.
- Mid-sized oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Pegged joint construction with grain interest throughout
- Two panel chest with a desirable aged patina
- Demi-lune fan carved guilloche to the front upper rail
- Muntins, stiles and ends with modest linear decoration
- Two keyholes, locks and key absent
- Planked top with carved notch end detail
- Raised on extended stiles
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Voluminous storage within
A super antique coffer from the late 17th century. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 96.5cm (38'')
Max Depth: 46cm (18'')
Max Height: 56cm (22'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World