Antique Coffer, English, Oak, Joined Chest, Three Panel Trunk, c.1700 and Later
Our Stock # 18.5633
This is an antique coffer, an English oak, joined chest. An early 18th century three panel trunk dating to circa 1700 and later.
- Substantial oak chest displaying rich, dark colour
- Joined construction with grain interest throughout
- Displaying wisps of medullary rays and a desirable aged patina
- Deep relief carved detail to the front upper rail
- Three panels decorated with stylised foliate lozenges
- Fluted muntins and stiles, plain twin panel ends and three panel back
- Unusual to find with a working iron lock and key
- Lid opens on later, hand forged iron strap hinges
- Candle box to one end doubles as lid support
- Voluminous, clean and tidy storage within
A super antique coffer in English oak. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 135cm (53.25'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 63cm (24.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World