Antique Coffer, English Oak Joined Chest, Queen Anne Circa 1700
Our Stock # 11.3470
This is a carved antique coffer, an English oak joined chest dating to the Queen Anne period c.1700.
- Glorious colour and desirable aged patina
- Vigorously carved geometric decoration to the front panels
- Foliate frieze to carved upper rail
- Classic three panel front, mirrored at the lid
- Fluted & chamfered muntins and stiles
- Field panel rear showing provincial hand-hewn chamfers
- Top lifts on desirable original splayed wire hinging
- Riding on later squat bun feet
- Voluminous storage within and a candle box to one end - this usefully supporting the lid when in the open position
- Iron lock & clasp - key absent
- Solid joints and construction
A fine & charming chest to be welcomed into any location. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 119cm (46.75'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 59cm (23.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World