Antique Coffer, English, Oak, Chest, Victorian in Jacobean Taste, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5300
This is an antique coffer, an English oak chest, Victorian in the Jacobean taste, dating to the late 19th century circa 1880.
- Delightful biscuit hues to the English oak
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Profusely carved and presenting well
- Unusual half-width chest, well executed and in good proportion
- Twin panel front decorated with floral and foliate lozenges
- Rails and muntins and side panels also displaying carved interest
- Raised on shaped bracket feet all round
- The top displaying well with carved edge moulding
- Lifts on quality hinging to reveal voluminous storage within
Rare to find in such proportions. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World