Antique Coffer, English, Oak, Chest, Victorian in Jacobean Taste, Circa 1880
Our Stock # 18.5300
This is an antique coffer, an English oak chest, Victorian in the Jacobean taste, dating to the late 19th century circa 1880.
- Delightful biscuit hues to the English oak
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Profusely carved and presenting well
- Unusual half-width chest, well executed and in good proportion
- Twin panel front decorated with floral and foliate lozenges
- Rails and muntins and side panels also displaying carved interest
- Raised on shaped bracket feet all round
- The top displaying well with carved edge moulding
- Lifts on quality hinging to reveal voluminous storage within
Rare to find in such proportions. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 50cm (19.75'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 61cm (24'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.