Antique Coffer, English, Oak, 3 Panel, Linen Chest, Trunk, William III, C.1700
Our Stock # 18.6736
This is an antique coffer. An English, oak three panel linen chest or trunk, dating to the William III period, circa 1700.
- High quality and ornate antique coffer
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Dark English oak shows fine grain interest and medullary rays
- Carved and inlaid detail abounds
- Stocks from the early 18th century and later
- Plank top with gentle, tiered edge
- Three panel front fascia with bold diamond motif
- Central panel with monogram 'M'
- Decorative triangle inlay resplendent in fruitwood and walnut
- Dressed with oval brass lock escutcheon — key absent
- Front stiles enhanced with contrasting inlaid bands
- Candle box to interior with distinctive continuous dot embellishments
- Raised upon square section legs with shaped front apron
This is a magnificent antique coffer with dark English oak and superb decorative inlays. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 128.5cm (50.5'')
Max Depth: 58.5cm (23'')
Max Height: 68cm (26.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World