Antique Coffer, English, Georgian, Oak Joined Chest, Mid C18th Trunk Circa 1750
Our Stock # 18.5280
This is an antique coffer, an English, Georgian, oak joined chest dating to the mid 18th century circa 1750.
- Mellow tones and colour to the oak with a desirable aged patina
- Geometric field panel moulding decoration to the front
- Single broad recessed bands to the rails, muntins and stiles
- Classic three panel front complimented by single panel ends and back
- Planked top displays well with grain interest in a wax polished finish
- Brass keyhole escutcheon and lock, key absent
- Voluminous storage within and a candle trough to one end
- Solid joints and construction
A handsome antique chest to be welcomed into any location. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 130cm (51.25'')
Max Depth: 52cm (20.5'')
Max Height: 65cm (25.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.