Antique Coffer, 6 Plank Sword Chest, English Oak, 17th Century c.1670
Our Stock # LFA-1618
This is an antique coffer, a 6 plank sword chest in English oak dating to the 17th century c.1670.
- Classic six board construction
- English oak with desirable aged patina
- Raised on extended stiles to the ends
- Facing board decorated with chip carved ends
- Quatrefoil lozenges with inner rosette
- Beneath the lock plate a foliate carved arch
- Hand crafted cleated nails
- Original iron lock plate, key absent
- Strap hinged lid reveals voluminous storage within
A good example of it's type. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 108cm (42.5'')
Max Depth: 36cm (14.25'')
Max Height: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.