Antique Coffee Table, English, Victorian Side Table, Oak, Marquetry Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5412
This is an antique coffee table, an English, Victorian side table in oak with an inlaid marquetry top dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1870.
- Unusual low form offering a solid and stable surface
- English oak with a deep rich colour and desirable patina
- Of circular form raised on four cabriole legs
- Carved detail to the knees and terminating in hairy lion paw feet
- The top, in a contrasting walnut, displays grain interest throughout
- A central cartouche and four others bordered in boxwood and walnut ribbon frames
- Each depicting well executed marquetry scenes of alpine ibex mountain goats
- A darker, broad, carved edge moulding over broad frieze
An unusual antique coffee table with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 39cm (15.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.