Antique Coffee Table, English, Victorian Side Table, Oak, Marquetry Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5412
This is an antique coffee table, an English, Victorian side table in oak with an inlaid marquetry top dating to the mid 19th century, circa 1870.
- Unusual low form offering a solid and stable surface
- English oak with a deep rich colour and desirable patina
- Of circular form raised on four cabriole legs
- Carved detail to the knees and terminating in hairy lion paw feet
- The top, in a contrasting walnut, displays grain interest throughout
- A central cartouche and four others bordered in boxwood and walnut ribbon frames
- Each depicting well executed marquetry scenes of alpine ibex mountain goats
- A darker, broad, carved edge moulding over broad frieze
An unusual antique coffee table with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 39cm (15.25'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World