Antique Clerks Writing Desk, English, Victorian, Mahogany Tall Bureau Circa 1870
Our Stock # 18.5163
This is an antique clerk's desk, an English, Victorian, mahogany, tall bureau dating to circa 1870.
- Delightful russet tones to the rich, dark mahogany
- Grain interest and a desirable aged patina
- Back in good order - ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on square section legs with chamfered inner corners
- Single, mahogany lined, dovetailed, frieze drawer
- Dressed with the original, swan neck, brass drop handles
- Desk writing slope features a brass lock escutcheon and lock, key absent
- High, turned, spindled gallery to the rear in classical form
- Of quality craftsmanship with a wax polished finish
- Slope lifts easily and rest upon the gallery
- Inside a large recess offering voluminous storage
- Before a suite of five arched cubby holes with a pair of drawers over
A super example of an antique clerk's writing desk. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Depth: 58cm (22.75'')
Max Height: 122cm (48'')
Desk Height at Front: 94.5cm (37.25'')
Knee Clearance: 68cm (26.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World