Antique Clerk's Desk, English, Walnut, Pedestal, Writing Table, Victorian, 1880
Our Stock # 18.7373
This is an antique clerk's desk. An English, walnut pedestal writing table, dating to the Victorian period, circa 1880.
- Classic pedestal desk, pleasingly appointed
- Displaying a desirable aged patina and in good order
- Select walnut shows fine grain interest
- Rich caramel hues beam beneath a quality wax polish finish
- Arranged as a suite of nine drawers with two pairs of eight framing one to centre
- Finished with a traditionally ebonised top, contrasting superbly with the natural walnut stocks
- Deep, tiered edge creates a strong horizontal effect, the motif continued upon the drawer fronts
- Each drawer dressed with brass drop handles over batwing shaped back plates
- Wide central drawer replete with inset brass-lined lock — key absent
- Benefiting from mahogany lined drawer boxes with stout fronts
- Standing upon continuous plinth bases to each pedestal with tiered edges
This is a delightful antique clerk's desk with striking ebonised top and attractive colour. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the study.
Max Width: 137cm (54'')
Max Depth: 57.5cm (22.75'')
Max Height: 74.5cm (29.25'')
Kneehole Height: 57.5cm (22.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World