Antique, Chest On Chest of Drawers, English, Tall Boy, Mahogany, Circa 1780
Our Stock # 18.5235
This is an antique chest on chest of drawers, an English, late Georgian tall boy in mahogany and dating to circa 1780.
- Appealing, natural tonal qualities to the quality mahogany
- Grain interest throughout with a lustrous, wax polished finish
- Arranged '2 over 3 over 3' with graduated drawer depths
- In good proportion topped with a modest crown moulding
- Standing upon bracket feet all round
- Oak lined, cock-beaded drawers run smoothly
- Dressed with, later, drop handles over pierced brass batwing backplates
- Locks present but untested as keys absent
- Brass keyhole linings
- Of quality craftsmanship
An attractive chest offering abundant storage. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 104.5cm (41.25'')
Max Depth: 53cm (20.75'')
Max Height: 176cm (69.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.