Antique Chest of Drawers, Victorian Mahogany c.1880
Our Stock # LFA-1601
This is a fine example of an antique chest of drawers from the Victorian period in mahogany.
- Mahogany with good graining, colour and a lustrous waxed finish
- Arranged in a classic '2 over 3' arrangement
- Deep bottom drawer; The classic English Victorian extra deep 'winter blanket' storage drawer – a.k.a. the 'cot drawer' as these were known to be used for infants
- Mahogany lined, dovetailed drawers with brass keyhole linings
- Dressed with pressed brass back plates behind drop handles
- Handles in an Art Nouveau taste, lower two plainer in design
- Locks untested as key absent
- Generous stock to top finished with a moulded edge detail
- Raised on a plinth base over bun feet
- Panelled back in good order
An attractive chest of drawers for any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 103cm (40.5'')
Max Depth: 49.5cm (19.5'')
Max Height: 107cm (42.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.