Antique Chest of Drawers, Oak, English, Georgian, Tallboy, 18th Century c.1780
Our Stock # 18.5578
This is an antique chest of drawers in oak. An English, late Georgian tallboy dating to late 18th century, circa 1780.
- Superb colour and grain interest to the English oak
- Wisps of medullary rays glow in the wax polished finish
- Arranged in the classic 2 over 3 configuration of graduated drawers
- Front cabinet corners featuring fluted quarter columns with brass caps
- Drawers dressed with later solid brass swan neck handles
- Retaining the original iron locks, key absent
- The chest raised on ogee bracket feet
A desirable example of a Georgian, oak, antique chest of drawers. Solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 120cm (47.25'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 106.75cm (42'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.