Antique Chest of Drawers, English, Oak, Late 17th Century, Circa 1690
Our Stock # 11.3447
This is an antique chest of drawers, an English oak chest dating to the late 17th century circa 1690.
- Beautifully aged oak with attractive tonal range
- Grain interest displaying wisps of medullary rays
- Classic 17th century form with a desirable aged patina
- Raised on the side stile extensions with panelled ends and back
- The plain top displays well through the wax polished finish
- The front decorated with a carved, beaded trace
- Four broad, graduated oak lined drawers
- Classically decorated with geometric panels
- Later, quality, solid brass drop handles over pierced brass backplates
- Period iron lock to one drawer, key absent
A delightful period piece full of charm. Solid joints and construction with some professional historic repairs as one would expect, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 88cm (34.75'')
Max Depth: 54cm (21.25'')
Max Height: 82cm (32.25'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.