Antique Chest, French Coffer, Oak, Early 19th Century Circa 1800
Our Stock # 11.3486
This is an antique chest, a French coffer in oak dating to the early 19th century circa 1800.
- Expertly and solidly crafted in stout stocks of oak
- Attractive colour displaying grain interest throughout
- Desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Three plank, patinated top lifts on iron strap hinges
- Iron lock present with key absent
- Broad upper frieze features twin field panels with dentil moulding over
- Punctuated by carved decoration with ebonised roundels
- A pair of elaborate, geometrically decorated, door panels
- Flanked by pairs of turned half column appliqué
- Standing upon full depth, shaped feet with panelled ends and back
- The doors open to reveal voluminous storage within
- A shelf divides the space in two with the upper also accessed via the lid
- A candle box to one end provides a handy lid support when open
A superior quality piece to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 124.5cm (49'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 67cm (26.5'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.