Antique Chest, French Coffer, Oak, Early 19th Century Circa 1800
Our Stock # 11.3486
This is an antique chest, a French coffer in oak dating to the early 19th century circa 1800.
- Expertly and solidly crafted in stout stocks of oak
- Attractive colour displaying grain interest throughout
- Desirable aged patina in the wax polished finish
- Three plank, patinated top lifts on iron strap hinges
- Iron lock present with key absent
- Broad upper frieze features twin field panels with dentil moulding over
- Punctuated by carved decoration with ebonised roundels
- A pair of elaborate, geometrically decorated, door panels
- Flanked by pairs of turned half column appliqué
- Standing upon full depth, shaped feet with panelled ends and back
- The doors open to reveal voluminous storage within
- A shelf divides the space in two with the upper also accessed via the lid
- A candle box to one end provides a handy lid support when open
A superior quality piece to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 124.5cm (49'')
Max Depth: 56cm (22'')
Max Height: 67cm (26.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World