Antique Chair, Scottish, Oak, Button Back, Nursing, Salon, Victorian Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.5107
This is an antique chair, an Scottish oak button back nursing, or salon, chair dating to the early Victorian era, circa 1850.
- Attractive contrast between the dark, emerald green cloth and oak frame
- Desirable aged patina to the oak frame displaying warm honey tones
- Show back, ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on well executed fluted and tapered legs with foliate carved cup over
- Shaped, swept rear legs and all riding upon the original ceramic castors
- Generous, raked back for comfort supported by pierced, scrolled brackets
- Humped crest rail featuring scrolled ears and acanthus leaf swags in contrasting finish
- Traditionally stuffed and sumptuously deep button back
- Equally deep seat pad offering a very comfortable seat
- Finished with a contrasting plush trim
A super chair for any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 38.25cm (15'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World