Antique Chair, Scottish, Oak, Button Back, Nursing, Salon, Victorian Circa 1850
Our Stock # 18.5107
This is an antique chair, an Scottish oak button back nursing, or salon, chair dating to the early Victorian era, circa 1850.
- Attractive contrast between the dark, emerald green cloth and oak frame
- Desirable aged patina to the oak frame displaying warm honey tones
- Show back, ideal for centre room placement
- Raised on well executed fluted and tapered legs with foliate carved cup over
- Shaped, swept rear legs and all riding upon the original ceramic castors
- Generous, raked back for comfort supported by pierced, scrolled brackets
- Humped crest rail featuring scrolled ears and acanthus leaf swags in contrasting finish
- Traditionally stuffed and sumptuously deep button back
- Equally deep seat pad offering a very comfortable seat
- Finished with a contrasting plush trim
A super chair for any room. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 69cm (27.25'')
Max Height: 95cm (37.5'')
Seat Width: 46cm (18'')
Seat Depth: 46cm (18'')
Seat Height: 38.25cm (15'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.