Antique Chair, Early Victorian Buckle Back, c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1564
This is an an antique chair, early Victorian buckle back dating to circa 1840.
- Top quality mahogany with excellent colour and good proportion
- Displaying good grain interest and an aged patina
- Exhibiting transitional design from buckle to balloon back
- Raised on delightfully reeded, ring turned, tulip front legs
- Pinched, swept square section rear legs
- Featuring a serpentine seat rail with fluted delineation
- Pinched stiles rise into superbly formed back with carved interest
- Traditionally filled, stuff over seat pad
- Cream damask cloth in fair, used order, finished with brocade trim
- Easily reupholstered to suit any d̩cor
A lovely and comfortable chair, ideal as a desk, side or bedroom piece. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 89cm (35'')
Seat Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World