Antique Chair, Early Victorian Buckle Back, c.1840
Our Stock # LFA-1564
This is an an antique chair, early Victorian buckle back dating to circa 1840.
- Top quality mahogany with excellent colour and good proportion
- Displaying good grain interest and an aged patina
- Exhibiting transitional design from buckle to balloon back
- Raised on delightfully reeded, ring turned, tulip front legs
- Pinched, swept square section rear legs
- Featuring a serpentine seat rail with fluted delineation
- Pinched stiles rise into superbly formed back with carved interest
- Traditionally filled, stuff over seat pad
- Cream damask cloth in fair, used order, finished with brocade trim
- Easily reupholstered to suit any décor
A lovely and comfortable chair, ideal as a desk, side or bedroom piece. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Max Depth: 51cm (20'')
Max Height: 89cm (35'')
Seat Width: 48.25cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 41cm (16.25'')
Seat Height: 51cm (20'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.