Antique Chair, Chippendale Influenced Carver Armchair, c.1800
Our Stock # R0809
This is a desirable antique chair heavily influenced by the designs of Thomas Chippendale. A George III carver armchair dating to c.1800.
- Crafted in select cuts of beautifully aged mahogany
- Raised on square section legs, chamfered on the inner corners
- Decorated with carved, beaded detail to the front outer corners
- Gently flared stiles rising to serpentine crest rail
- Classic Chippendale influenced ribbon back splat
- Shaped arms sweep out to carved scrolled finish
- Generous proportions with broad comfortable seat pad
- Stuff over seat panel finished in a pale green damask cloth
- Traditionally stuffed in good supportive order
Stamped 'STOCKLEY' beneath the forward stretcher, this delightful chair is a welcome addition to any setting. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 74cm (29")
Max Depth: 56cm (22")
Max Height: 92cm (36.25")
Seat Width: 56cm (22")
Seat Depth: 50cm (19.5")
Seat Height: 51cm (20")
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.