Antique Chair, Chippendale Influenced Carver Armchair, c.1800
Our Stock # R0809
This is a desirable antique chair heavily influenced by the designs of Thomas Chippendale. A George III carver armchair dating to c.1800.
- Crafted in select cuts of beautifully aged mahogany
- Raised on square section legs, chamfered on the inner corners
- Decorated with carved, beaded detail to the front outer corners
- Gently flared stiles rising to serpentine crest rail
- Classic Chippendale influenced ribbon back splat
- Shaped arms sweep out to carved scrolled finish
- Generous proportions with broad comfortable seat pad
- Stuff over seat panel finished in a pale green damask cloth
- Traditionally stuffed in good supportive order
Stamped 'STOCKLEY' beneath the forward stretcher, this delightful chair is a welcome addition to any setting. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.åÊ
Max Width: 74cm (29")
Max Depth: 56cm (22")
Max Height: 92cm (36.25")
Seat Width: 56cm (22")
Seat Depth: 50cm (19.5")
Seat Height: 51cm (20")
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World