Antique Centrepiece, Classical Taste, French, Bronze Spelter, Bowl, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6160
This is an antique centrepiece in classical taste. A French, bronze spelter fruit or serving bowl and dating to the Victorian period of the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- Of highly impressive classical form - a conversation starter centrepiece
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Spelter presents very well with good, consistent colour and tones
- A figural character sits stridently above the bowl with a fine lasso in hand
- Elegant, broad-leaf serving bowl with floral motif
- A proud griffin features at the prow of the bowl
- Supported by a squat baluster stem, with beading and further adornment
- Raised upon a highly decorated base - testament to the craftsmanship throughout
- A pair of fauns sit as if to hold the whole ensemble upright
This antique centrepiece is a wondrous example of classical taste, French tableware. Delivered ready for the home.
Max Width: 43cm (17'')
Max Depth: 22.5cm (8.75'')
Max Height: 51cm (20'')
Serving Bowl Width: 31cm (12.25'')
Serving Bowl Depth: 20.5cm (8'')
Serving Bowl Height: 9cm (3.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World