Antique Carriage Trunk, English, Steel, Railway, Steamer, Chest, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6516
This is an antique carriage trunk. An English, steel railway or steamer chest, dating to the late Victorian period, circa 1900.
- Abundant period detail
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Painted steel in good order throughout
- Brass shoulders and full-width bracing for added stability
- Finished in dark burgundy to the outside
- Dressed with a large, working brass lock by W.B. Williamson & Sons
- Key present, with a small brass keychain marked with an S
- Interior resplendent with dark amber hues
- Lid features travel labels, GWR stencil and the name of Mr. F. Blake
- To the front, hand-written 2nd Class designation and an address in Truro, Cornwall
- Travel label to lid dated November, 1911
- A pair of iron drop handles for ease of carriage
This is an attractive antique carriage trunk, with fine period charm. Delivered polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 66cm (26'')
Max Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Max Height: 45.5cm (18'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World