Antique Carriage Trunk, American, Spruce, Chest, AE Meek, Circa 1890, Western
Our Stock # 18.6273
This is an antique carriage trunk. An American, spruce chest by A.E. Meek of Colorado and dating to the late 19th century, circa 1890.
- Period Western appeal with bountiful charm
- Displays a desirable aged patina and original order
- Stocks of spruce radiate a golden hue with fine grain interest
- Embraced by extensive iron bounding
- Stout, staved lid with external strap hinges
- Adorned with double horseshoe rivets and foliate shoulders
- Substantial iron lock plate in working order, key present
- A pair of iron lever clasps add further security
- Maker's mark to the lid reads; A.E. Meek and Co - Manufacturers - Denver, Colo.
- Original, patinated paper illustration inside, bearing further reference to A.E. Meek
- Removable, lidded oddments box opens to store jewellery or personal effects
- A pair of stout leather straps to each side, with small castors at each corner
This is a fascinating, lasting record of a romanticised era in American history and sure to appeal to collectors and institutions alike. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 97.5cm (38.5'')
Max Depth: 74cm (29.25'')
Max Height: 84cm (33'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World