Antique Captain's Uniform Travel Case, English, Shipping, Suitcase, Victorian
Our Stock # 18.6432
This is an antique captain's uniform travel case. An English, leather bound shipping suitcase, dating to the Victorian period circa 1890.
- Attractive Victorian travel case
- Displays a desirable aged patina
- Canvas in consistent dark hues and good original order
- Leather bound seam work for lasting stability
- Lid secured by original, leather straps in wonderfully aged condition
- Case dressed with elegant, working brass trunk locks — key present
- Leather handles to each end with riveted strap tabs
- Textile interior present in cream hues with hand drawn, decorative red cross
- Bound leather luggage slip to lid reads H. Ford & Sons of Appledore in Devon.
- Antique travel memorandum label adds further period interest
- Dating to October 27th 1911 and issued by the Great Eastern Railway
This is an eye-catching antique captain's uniform case, sure to appeal to collectors of cases in good original condition. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 80cm (31.5'')
Max Depth: 45.5cm (18'')
Max Height: 31.5cm (12.5'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World