Antique Captain's Chair, English, Mahogany, Armchair, Seat, Edwardian, C.1910
Our Stock # 18.7018
This is an antique captain's chair. An English, mahogany armchair with drop-in seat, dating to the Edwardian period, circa 1910.
- An attractive armchair with serpentine form
- Displaying a desirable aged patina
- Mahogany offers fine colour and grain interest
- Upholstered with a quality, chestnut brown velour seat
- Deep scroll back to the crest rail for comfort
- Stout arm posts and and wavy lathe back support scrolled arm rests
- Seat frame with gently chamfered edge
- Supportive and comfortable drop-in seat pad
- Raised upon pleasingly turned front baluster legs with cupped knees
- The rear legs of gently splayed circular form
- United by flared bar double 'H' stretcher for added strength
This is a delightful antique captain's chair, a perfect accompaniment to a fireside, or for admiring a sea view. The drop-in seat affords itself to easy reupholstering to taste, whilst complementing the frame as is. Sure to enhance any room and offering comfortable seating. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 65cm (25.5'')
Max Depth: 49cm (19.25'')
Max Height: 79cm (31'')
Seat Width: 48.5cm (19'')
Seat Depth: 45cm (17.75'')
Seat Height: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World