Antique Canterbury Table, English, Regency, Burr Walnut, Circa 1830
Our Stock # 18.5044
This is an antique Canterbury table, an English Regency piece in burr walnut dating to circa 1830.
- Classic Regency overtones in this most English of pieces
- The burr walnut displaying good colour and a desirable aged patina
- Book-matched, butterfly quarter veneer to the table top
- Featuring decorative boxwood marquetry inlay to the front
- Three-quarter, pierced gallery running around the back and sides
- Raised on elegant, ring turned risers and offering a stable platform
- The lower Canterbury divided into three
- Division bars raised on a series of ring turned spindles
- Grain interest to the base with a moulded edge detail
- Breakfront enclosing a shaped frieze drawer with turned pulls
- Raised on gadroon capped, turned legs
- Rising upon the original ceramic castors
Of quality craftsmanship with solid joints and construction. Delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 61cm (24'')
Max Depth: 38cm (15'')
Height: 84.5cm (33.25'')
Plus Gallery: 2cm (.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.