Antique Campaign Silver Chest, English, Oak, Victorian Trunk, Heavy Circa 1852-5
Our Stock # 18.5423
This is a superior quality, antique, campaign, silver chest, an English oak. An early Victorian trunk dating to the mid-19th century, circa 1852-5.
- A very pleasing original gold or silver chest presented in good antique condition
- Extremely heavy, iron bound inch and half stocks of English oak
- Fabulous 'through-dovetails' showing the wonderful oak craftsmanship
- Displaying grain interest and a rich, dark, consistent colour
- Hobbs & Co., brass lock with later Chubb brass lock, keys absent
- Brass corner plates, cabin handles and key hole escutcheons
- Iron carry handles to ends and lid holding up on original stays
- Inside lined with a quality, English green baize
- A pair of snugly fitting removable trays feature lifting handles
- Beneath offering voluminous storage
A simply lovely chest in good antique condition and a piece to be welcomed into any location. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 92cm (36.25'')
Max Depth: 62cm (24.5'')
Max Height: 79cm (31'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.