Antique Steamer Chest, Marine, English Travel Ship's Trunk W Insall & Sons c1870
Our Stock # 18.5403
This is an antique steamer chest of marine interest, an English travel or ship's trunk by the prestigious Bristol firm of W Insall & Sons. A camphorwood chest from the late 19th century, circa 1870.
- Robustly constructed in select camphorwood
- Attractive grain detail and a desirable aged patina
- Pleasing through dovetail joints
- Metal bound for strength in a thick gauge brass
- Working, brass lock, key for security
- Dressed with heavy duty, leather carry handles to either end
- Impressed with the maker's mark to the plates
- The stout lid raises on quality hinging
- The inside offering voluminous storage
- Featuring a baize lined, removable tray for convenience
A superior quality, antique steamer chest. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 71cm (28'')
Max Depth: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Height: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
We ship to the U.K. and internationally every week. We hand deliver most of our U.K. orders. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
Internationally, our price includes our specialist packing service and all pre-shipment paperwork. We ship with all the major carriers; FedEx, UPS, DHL etc and shipments are fully tracked and insured. Deliveries take approximately ten to fifteen working days to arrive at your door from receipt of order.
USA & Canada
Rest of the World