Antique Steamer Chest, Marine, English Travel Ship's Trunk W Insall & Sons c1870
Our Stock # 18.5403
This is an antique steamer chest of marine interest, an English travel or ship's trunk by the prestigious Bristol firm of W Insall & Sons. A camphorwood chest from the late 19th century, circa 1870.
- Robustly constructed in select camphorwood
- Attractive grain detail and a desirable aged patina
- Pleasing through dovetail joints
- Metal bound for strength in a thick gauge brass
- Working, brass lock, key for security
- Dressed with heavy duty, leather carry handles to either end
- Impressed with the maker's mark to the plates
- The stout lid raises on quality hinging
- The inside offering voluminous storage
- Featuring a baize lined, removable tray for convenience
A superior quality, antique steamer chest. Solid joints and construction, delivered waxed, polished and ready for the home.
Max Width: 71cm (28'')
Max Depth: 50.5cm (20'')
Max Height: 47.5cm (18.75'')
Share this Product
Delivery to most of mainland Britain is FREE, please let us know your post code and we will be able to confirm this. Wherever possible we use our own vehicles for a fully blanketed delivery service. Clients with unusual access requirements such as central London penthouses, or items which require specialist assembly or installation can be assured that we take care of every detail of the delivery.
Highlands & Islands – Please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you.
We export internationally on a regular basis and you can rest assured the packing is appropriate and the paperwork in order. We offer a prompt and economical worldwide service, please contact us so we can get the best possible service and cost for you. For International Trade Clients who wish to purchase English antiques in bulk we are able to arrange full container sourcing and shipping services.